Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Most Important Book of All - Round 2

Last month I decided to start making it a personal goal to read one book of the Bible each month. I've never been good at the read-the-Bible-through-in-a-year bit, but I CAN tackle it by individual book (which makes more sense to me, personally). I invited anyone who would like to join me in this endeavor to do so.

Last month I read Esther.

My months are kinda overlapped (this time through its the 21st through the 21st of next month) due to very few good reasons. At any rate, if you would like to participate I invite you to link up your challenge for this coming month, or what spoke to you from last month's reading. There are no set rules. Whatever commitment you choose to make should suit your own taste. This is merely a way I've decided to encourage myself to spend more time in the Word and if it encourages someone else to do the same, in whatever capacity, all the better. That's all.

So here's a Mister Linky for your purposes. If you choose to select one book out of the Bible each month and read through it (and hey! I'm even going to add the books onto my accomplished reading list as motivation!) please leave a link to your post which states which book you've chosen/did choose and what you have learned from it/did learn.

I'll post a Mister Linky towards the beginning of each month for you to link up to and state what your goal is or what you accomplished the month before. No strict guidelines or rules. This is merely a way to encourage myself (and anyone else who needs a boost!) to read scriptures.

I know there are countless blog/reading activities and circles to be a part of. It's hard to choose and narrow down. Everyone is on a different schedule and has a different life to live. But most of us are connected to each other through a common truth -- a common faith. I think it would be nice to share that aspect of our lives as well. If you are game and willing, please "come along with me" as we journey through life -- books in tow! -- together!

You know how this works: post a link here to the specific post where you’ve written your book review. Don’t link to your main blog page because this kind of link makes it hard to find the discussion, especially when people drop in later after you’ve added new content to your blog. In parentheses after your name, add the title of the book you’re reading/commenting on. This addition will help people to find the reflections they’re most interested in reading.

As always, happy reading!

No comments:

Top  blogs