Pages

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

This week's questions on Booking Through Thursday are:

Have you ever felt pressured to read something because ‘everyone else’ was reading it? Have you ever given in and read the book(s) in question or do you resist? If you are a reviewer, etc, do you feel it’s your duty to keep up on current trends?


The short and concise answer to this question is: No! In fact, if the book is a fad book, I'm not likely to read it for years. Silly of me sometimes, yes. I guess it just goes to show that I'm not inclined to trust public opinion. But sometimes it's right and when it is - oh boy!

Don't miss my giveaway today!

4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I agree.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on not trusting public opinion. I work in a bookstore and very rarely feel inclined to read something that makes it to the bestsellers list. After all, best seller is really just bookstore speak for "most sales," which indicates mass interest but is no measure of quality.

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Great answer! I agree with everything you wrote, just because it has mainstream popularity doesn't mean it's a good book.

Chrisbookarama said...

Sometimes it takes me years to read the 'in' book.

Top  blogs